Craft beer. Lots of chatter this week on the web. Twitter accounts and blogs are lighting up with a backlash of comments and campaigns about the recent Super bowl Budweiser commercial. To give you some background the Budweiser commercial was promoting its product by taking a jab at beer connoisseurs and the craft beer movement. Well the craft beer peeps didn’t take that lying down and have started their own campaigns in response to Budweiser.
I think you should drink whatever beer you like; Bud, Bud light, Full Sail, Ninkasi. Hey, even if you like Miller lite... well, there’s no accounting for taste, but go for it. :)
If you enjoy craft beer and craft beer tastings, I've got some travel options that you’re gonna’ love!
1. Uncruise, a Seattle based Adventure Cruise company, offers a Coastal Washington Cruise with a craft beer theme on selected sailings. This cruise aboard the 60-guest Wilderness Adventurer expedition vessel explores Washington’s Puget Sound and Salish Sea from South Hood Canal to Olympic National Park and the San Juan Islands. Along with the craft beer activities, you will experience kayaking, paddle boarding and skiff exploration in glacial fjords and the San Juan archipelago. 2015 craft beer themed cruises depart round trip from Seattle April 25 and October 3 and start from $1995.
2. Evergreen Escapes, offers small groups, local food, wine and brew tours on their group or custom itineraries throughout Washington and Oregon. Experience Portland and Seattle from a beer-lover’s perspective. Learn about the Pacific Northwest brewing history while sampling stouts, ambers, ales and other handcrafted beer at select breweries throughout the Northwest, leaving the driving to their friendly guides. And for a truly unique experience create a private tour with your own itinerary ideas or combine some of their regularly scheduled tours.
3. New for 2015, Amawaterways is offering an itinerary showcasing a variety of Dutch and Belgian beers, regional cuisine and delicacies, special excursions, a beer pairing dinner, brewery tours (including a Dutch windmill brewery), as well as on-board discussions & tastings hosted by beer connoisseur and author, Don Russell (aka Joe Sixpack) embarking from Amsterdam on March 31. They are also offering a holiday beer themed cruise sailing on December 14.
4. Fly Alaska. Alaska Airlines proudly serves local (as in local – northwest/west coast) wine and beer on their flights. When you fly Alaska/Horizon, you can enjoy a complimentary wine or microbrew. Microbrews on board this month and next include: Alaskan Brewing Icy Bay IPA, Silver City Ridgetop Red Ale, Pyramid IPA and Saint Archer’s White Ale. Select flights feature one wine and one beer.
5. Create your own custom group. Let’s work together to create your own custom group. Where do you want to go? How do you want to travel? Who do you want to go with? The possibilities are endless.
What could be better than combining your passions; travel, friends and beer?! And when you’re ready to plan and book, Vacations Inspired will get you where you want to go. #123goinspired
Washington UBID No. 603189022
California Seller of Travel No. 2090937-50
Florida Seller of Travel Ref. No. ST15578
affiliate of Cruises & Tours Unlimited