E A R T H D A Y.
Celebrate our big beautiful world by taking care of it. Here are 10 ways travelers ( you ) can help.
1. Turn out the lights in your hotel room. When you leave the room, turn out the lights. 💡 You do it at home. It’s a good idea to do it at your hotel room, too.
2. Try to use your towels more than one time before having housekeeping pick them up.
3. Recycle. If your hotel doesn’t have a recycling program, leave a comment suggesting one.
4. Bring your own shampoo. All those little plastic bottles of shampoo add up.
5. Use alternative transportation at your destination. Walk, 🚴♀️bike or use public transportation. Or if you’re traveling to a place you would normally drive to, see how you might use public transportation to get there.
6. Take a nonstop flight. ✈️ The most amount of fuel is used in takeoff and landings. Taking off and landing once not only helps the planet, but there’s less chance of your luggage getting lost. #twoforone
7. Stay in an ecolodge. If you’ve read this far in this post, I’ll let you in on a secret! Watch my social media pages for some cool ecolodges this week that you can enjoy on your journey. Let me know you love to be in on a secret by commenting on this post! 🙋🏼♀️
8. Be smart about sunscreen. Use reef safe sunscreen. ☀️
9. Likewise, dump the DEET insect repellents. DEET can be harmful to you and our planet.
10. Here’s an oldie but goodie, and still needs to be reiterated. Don’t buy bottled water. 💦 Bring your own water bottle when traveling. Airports have filling stations for your water bottle available after security screening.
Do you have a favorite #saveourplanet tip?